Freitag, 24. Dezember 2010

last Demipair weeks, school

School was very stressful, it got closer and closer to the exam and we did a lot of exercice. Everyday example tests, reading, writing, listening & speaking.
But I decided for myself, that I won't learn too much. Ok, the last weekend was busy, I had to learn and to pack everything, but during the last weeks I thought: "Hey, what was good enough for the Abi has to be good enough for Camebridge" That's why I still had a little bit of time to do other things.

Rachael tried to break through the boredom of theorie with small trips, like the one to the Parliament, to the court or just to a cafe.
She was very helpful!

We had 4 new students during the last week, 2 boys & 2 girls from Germany, 16 or 17 years old. They used to go to a college and lived in a homestay family.
They opened our eyes. Now we new, how rude we must have been during the first weeks. The way they acted and the way they talked, typical German sometimes, and everything signalised: Hery, look how self confident I am, noone can see how unsure I am.....
They were sometimes 50 min. tto late and even didn't say sorry for that and stuff....

group picture in New World
Aliscja & Rawin organised a Demipair night for all of us and it was a lot of fun. We got a map of Wellington and small pieces of pictures. We needed to find the things on the picture and than to take a picture of our self infornt of that thing. You could get extra marks, when you managed to take pictures of your group with full drinks, with empty drinks, in the sea, standing on your hands and stuff like that. 

My group didn't drink, but we had pictures with full and empty glasses. We just went to some guys and said, hey, we have a contest, could we please take a picture with your full/empty glasses.
Oh, and by the way, do you know where we can find these things?
The other groups bought drinks and in one group there were
three non drinker, so one girl had to drink the four glasses,
she was quite funny afterwards^^

Jule & I


We also had the picture with the most people on it. We went into New World and made people to look into our camera. In the end we won, juhu^^ We got a New Zealand calender, really cool!

The last day at school was strange, it just felt strange. It is strange to say goodbye, strange to take last pictures and strange to stay infront of the whole school, when you get your certificate.

But the Demipair Farewell evening was nice, we were sitting at school, looking at pictures and had much time to talk to each other. thanks guys for the great evening!

Than there was the exam, two days, Monday and Tuesday, Monday the speaking exam and Tuesday the rest. I wasn't that excited, only just a little bit, but the white wine, before the speaking exam, helped a lot, thanks Hannah^^
I think, everything was alright, I should have past it, but I won't know it before the 25th of January, so please be patient and don't ask me about it, all the time ;p

1 Kommentar:

  1. Ok, I'm sorry but I cannot believe that you should've been like those new students you were talking 'bout...Oh, well the pic with the devil's horns changed my mind ;P

    AntwortenLöschen